This squash peanut noodles are awfully addicting, but you’re in luck because they’re undeniably good for you! Whip up this delicious and nutritious lunch in ten minutes and continue on with your busy day. You can even substitute the squash and spiralizer out for options like zucchini noodles or even quinoa noodles. The peanut/almond butter sauce is mouthwatering, you seriously won’t be able to stop making (and eating) this quick dish!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- 2 summer squash
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter, ghee or oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, cold-pressed
- 2 tablespoons veggie or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons almond butter (tastes the same as peanut butter)
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos, tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha
- Optional: chopped cilantro and chopped almonds or peanuts to sprinkle on top
- Spiralize your squash to make your noodles and set aside. There should be about 3 cups worth of noodles.
- Sauté the onions in a pan over medium-high heat in the butter or oil.
- When they are done (soft, brown), turn the temperature down to medium-low
- Add the remaining ingredients (water, almond butter, coconut amino/soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and Sriracha).
- Stir everything occasionally for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sesame oil, then add your noodles and stir to coat
- Finish with a topping of almonds and cilantro.
- Serve warm .
Sourced from: Depositphotos/Milkos
Featured Image Source: pinimg.com