This is the perfect dinner for those paleo dieters to make when they don’t have much time on their hands… Yes, as we all know very well, the crock pot is a game changer. And by making your chicken in a slow cooker, you’re pretty much guaranteeing your chicken is incredibly tender and moist and your fajitas are flavourful.
Notably, you can adjust the time/setting of your crockpot to make this meal so that it suits your schedule (i.e. you can cook for 8 hours on low, rather than 4-5 hour on the high setting).
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 5 hours
Total time: 5 hours 20 mins
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup diced green chili
- 1 cup salsa or Pico de Gallo
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 bell peppers (any color), sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced thickly
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced thickly
- Place the chicken breasts in a crock pot. Top with the cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt, lime juice, diced green chili, and salsa. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or until chicken is tender and shreds easily. Shred the chicken lightly and replace the cover.
- Heat the oil on high heat in a large saute pan. Add the peppers and onions to the pan and saute until browned in places, yet still crisp. Your pan will need to be very hot to do this. Add the cooked vegetables to the crock pot with the chicken.
- Serve with tortillas, sour cream (optional), salsa, and lime wedges.
Sourced from: Depositphotos/bhofack2
Featured Image Source: pinimg.com