These blackberry roll-ups may emulate the favorite fruit snacks we all grew up loving, but here we have a homemade, Paleo, and grown up version for everybody to enjoy. The burst of the mint gives it a more sophisticated flavor while the amount of honey can be modified as well to adjust the sweetness of this easy to make snack! This tasty treat is not only unprocessed but contains zero preservatives! Ready to take a nostalgic stroll down memory lane?
- 1 pint of blackberries (blackberry is our choice but you can choose your own delicious fruit flavor adventure!)
- 6 mint leaves
- 1/4 cup honey
- Dash of lime juice
- To begin with, preheat the oven to 170°F.
- Secondly, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- After that, carefully pour the entire mixture onto the baking sheet, evenly covering the entire surface with a spatula. Consequently, make sure the mixture is not spread too thin, otherwise, it may crack and fall apart!
- Bake for 5-6 hours, or until it mixture is entirely dried but still sticky to the touch. Also, be sure to check on them every half hour or so.
- Remove the pans from the oven after that.
- Set aside to cool for at least half an hour.
- With a sharp knife, cut the mixture into long strips. Starting at one end, roll up each piece. You can also do this process in reverse by rolling the entire sheet and cutting afterward.
- Enjoy fresh or store in a sealed container for later.
Featured Image Source: Depositphotos/manyakotic
Sourced from: paleogrubs.com