Since when did Paleo diets have to be bland? These adorable chorizo-stuffed peppers are sure to win over the taste buds of Paleo and non-Paleo dieters alike because this fun-sized, fun-to-make meal is bursting with flavor. Consequently, if you use your pepper like a bowl as intended, it means one less dish to wash! Use whichever color pepper your heart desires and increase this recipe to make one for everyone in the family! Bon appètit!
- 5 bell peppers without their tops and seeds removed
- 1 lb chicken chorizo
- 1 lb lean beef chorizo
- 1 large onion
- 2 zucchinis, quartered and sliced thin
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp red curry powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- Cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
- To begin with, brown your chorizo in a heavy saucepan.
- Secondly, add diced onions, zucchini, and the diced tops of your peppers into the mix.
- After that, brown all your included veggies.
- Add spices while making sure to mix well. As a result, the chorizo should have given off enough oil to allow for enough liquid to combine with the spices. Add a little olive oil, water, or spices until the taste and liquid levels are to your liking.
- Add peppers to slow cooker.
- Pour enough water to cover 1″ of the slow cooker then carefully add meat and veggie mix into peppers as if they were bowls.
- Lastly, cook on high for 2 hours or until peppers are soft.
Makes: 1 pepper
Featured Image Source: Depositphotos/fotokris44
Sourced from: sweetcsdesigns.com