Without a doubt, cauliflower is a staple food for paleo dieters as it is so versatile and has many nutrients (vitamins, folate, fiber, protein, and Omega-3 fatty acids). So, why not turn it into a pancake? As a matter of fact, this pancake is already so flavorful as it’s packed with onion and cilantro that you won’t feel the need to add syrup or sauce. Also, you can add your other favorites, such as tomatoes, asparagus, mushrooms, spinach, or cheese.
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- ½ head cauliflower
- ½ onion
- ½ bunch cilantro – leaves only, no stem
- 6 green onion, chopped
- 2 free range eggs
- Sea salt and black pepper
- First, chop the cauliflower until it is in very tiny pieces (looks like breadcrumbs) in a food processor.
- Then do the same with the onion.
- Next, beat eggs in a bowl and add cauliflower mix and the remaining ingredients. Stir.
- After that, place parchment paper on a baking tray and spoon mixture into rounds onto the tray. Then use a cookie cutter for a perfectly round shape. About 5 inches diameter.
- Bake at 450F for 10-15 minutes.
- To poach the egg, boil 2 inches of water and take it off the heat. Then crack your egg into the water gently and place the lid on. Lastly, keep off the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Finally, place the egg directly on top of the pancake, and serve warm!
Featured Image Source: Depositphotos/NikD51
Sourced from: goingcavewoman.com