These Paleo Shrimp Tacos have the crunch, heat, and all around goodness of the real thing. Serve with a cut lime, and drizzle for the most authentic taste. These are pretty quick to whip up, and make a great easy, weekday dinner that everyone will love.
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons Sweet N Spicy sauce (details below)
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
Sweet N Spicy Sauce
- 3 ½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, for frying
- 1 cup nappa cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- Pinch of salt
- To make the Sweet N Spicy sauce: combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until thick consistency. Allow for cooling, then add mayonnaise and Sriracha.
- In a large bowl add the shredded nappa cabbage, shredded red cabbage, minced cilantro, and green onions. Toss with the 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, 1/2 tablespoon honey and a pinch of salt. Make sure everything is nicely mixed together. Set aside.
- To make the tortillas: combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat and add a bit of coconut oil. Pour in 1/5 of the batter at a time and spread out into about a small circle.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. The tortillas should be soft and pliable but be golden brown in colour.
- Repeat until you have 5 tortillas.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and melt the coconut oil. Toss shrimp with tapioca until covered and place in skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked and golden/brown in colour. Toss with Special sauce.
- Place the coleslaw into the taco shell, add the shrimp, and finish off with a drizzle of hot sauce.
Sourced from: Depositphotos/sonyakamoz
Featured Image Source: instagram.com