Looking for a Paleo recipe that’s as quick and easy to make as it is delicious to enjoy? Finally, here’s a 15-minute crepes recipe for a swift Paleo treat that is sure to satisfy every sweet tooth! These crepes aren’t just Paleo approved but also dairy, grain, and gluten free. Therefore these are a tasty treat everyone can enjoy!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dessertspoon honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup approx coconut milk (canned)
- strawberries – washed and chopped
- Whipped Cream
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- Firstly, add the chopped strawberries, sugar, and honey to a pan.
- Mix the arrowroot flour and cold water together separately then add to the pan. Heat over medium until the sauce starts to simmer and thicken and the strawberries soften.
- In a large bowl, add flour, vanilla, honey, eggs, and 1/2 cup canned coconut milk.
- Mix well. If the mixture is too thick, simply add more coconut milk.
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes
- Next, place a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove pan from the heat and add about 1/3 cup of batter to the center of the pan then slide the pan around so the batter covers the entire bottom.
- Return pan to heat and cook for about 1-2 mins or until the crepe is golden underneath.
- Flip crepe and cook for a further 30 seconds, then remove from the pan.
- After that, scoop out the thick part of the coconut milk can and add it to your mixer or mix by hand.
- Add a couple of drops of vanilla extract and a spoon of honey then whisk together until thick consistency.
- Place strawberries along the center of the crepe, then spoon on some whipped cream and roll up the crepe.
- Lastly, serve immediately and enjoy.
Note that it is important to follow the recipe for the coconut whipped cream explicitly or it can prove substantially more difficult to whip up properly! The best brands of coconut milk for this particular recipe are Whole Foods coconut milk and Native Forest Brand.
Featured Image Source: Depositphotos/svariophoto
Sourced from: noshtastic.com