Broths are a great way to clean out your fridge of extra/miscellaneous food items, meaning you can definitely substitute the ingredients in this soup to make it work for you! (Honestly, this soup would also be great with chicken instead of turkey.)
Anyway, this concoction is not only practical, but it’s delicious too and it’ll even fill your kitchen or whole house/apartment with a herby aroma. This hearty comfort food will warm your insides, both literally and figuratively.
- 3 ½ cups bone broth
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 small peeled potato, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups cooked turkey, shredded
- 5 sage leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp of thyme
- 1 tsp of dried sage
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the ghee.
- Add the onions, carrots, potato and celery, stirring occasionally.
- Let cook until onions are soft.
- Add the broth and cover the pot.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the carrots are soft. You can check by poking the carrots with a fork.
- Add the turkey and herbs. Ensure they are completely heated.
- Finally, add the coconut cream, and allow to stay on heat for 1-2 minutes longer, while stirring.
You can refrigerate leftovers in a closed container and reheat as needed!
Sourced from: Depositphotos/La_vanda
Featured Image Source: pinimg.com