There’s honestly nothing more comforting than starting a day early with a nice bowl of warm oats and tea. Except, when you’re paleo, oatmeal is just one of those things that are now out of the question… So what do you do? Here’s an awesome paleo-approved “oatmeal” bowl with bananas and cinnamon you can make to start your day off right.
- 3 cups spaghetti squash
- 1 1/4 cups shredded coconut
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed (leave a few slices of banana for a topping)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Add all the ingredients into a large pot, mix well and bring to the boil.
- Immediately turn down to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently until piping hot.
- Do not add more coconut milk, even if it appears dry looking. Wait until the end to do so, if it’s still dry looking.
- Keep the squash at a relatively chunky consistency, but use an immersion blender to break it down a bit.
- Serve in a bowl with slices of banana and/or cinnamon. Serve with slices of banana and a pinch of cinnamon!
Featured Image Source: Depositphotos/vkuslandia
Sourced from: http://healingfamilyeats.com/banana-cinnamon-oatmeal-aip/